Monday, March 11, 2013

Face to Face!

Warning: Spoilers below!

Last night's episode of AMC's "The Walking Dead" was all about 'peace talks' between Rick and the Governor and it was awesome.

So what was the first thing I loved? They both kicked Andrea out of the negotiations. That just made me smile.

But the best part? The best part was not Glenn's unfolding courage to keep Merle from leaving the prison and potentially destroying the group's plan..... nor was it the verbal chess match between Rick and the Governor... in my opinion, it was the walker-killing contest between Daryl and the Governor's henchman, Martinez. When a group of walkers showed up, both men took on kind of a "let's see what you can do" mentality. Guess who won? Was there a doubt? Martinez is pretty tough, but Daryl won out with a sweet knife throw.

What was interesting about this episode is that the two groups actually bonded a little. Daryl and Martinez smoked, while Martinez opened up a little about the family he once had, and Milton and Herschel actually shared a laugh over, of all things, Milton wanting to see Herschel's 'leg stump.'

Here's a video showing what went on, and reflection from those involved as to what it means to the characters involved.



Aim high. Run fast.

Brett

B'hold Designs Store
B'hold Designs Website

5 comments:

  1. So does Rick present the "deal" to Michonne? I have a feeling that if he brought that to her, she would go and then take his other eye! I'm falling out of affection with Rick.

    Hey, you write these episode synopses really good. Have you ever thought of making money off TV Blogging?

    How have you been by the way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trina! Good to hear from you!

      I really don't think Rick will sacrifice Michonne. I think he's smart enough to know that it wouldn't make any difference to the Governor. I"m hoping that they'll come up with some kind of scheme that makes it appear that he's giving her up and then ambush the crap out of the Gov.

      Well, shucks thanks. :) I had no idea someone could make money from tv blogging. Is it just reviewing shows?

      Not bad! You guys?

      Delete
  2. I forgot to ask: have you been seeing the movie trailers for world war z? I don't know what book these guys read, but this does not look anything like what I had pictured. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yeah, it looks to be totally different. I just don't understand how hollywood can love a book so much that they want to change it.

      the effects look pretty cool though, huh?

      Delete
  3. We're doing well! :-)

    I don't think Rick would sacrifice her either. It struck me though that he told Herschel that he needed to be talked out of it. That Governor is something else! Man this show is awesome!

    Yeah, I know that some places hire TV Bloggers, but I don't know what it consists of or what qualifications a person needs or anything... It just occured to me while reading your blog entries that they sound like professional reviews.

    World War Z looks cool, and I'll definitely see it, I just don't see the resemblance. It almost makes me wonder if they even read the book! But, we'll see.


    ReplyDelete