Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fun Zombie Flicks

Have you noticed that zombie movies are everywhere? Isn't it great? Well, sometimes it is. In browsing the surprisingly large zombie library on Netflix, I've found a few that are diamonds in the rough. Check them out...

DEAD SNOW

Nazi zombies that can run and throw punches, this funny and horrifying 2009 film comes from Norway.




DEAD ALIVE (original title BRAIN DEAD)

This one is near and dear to my heart, as it was my first experience with a zombie film. It's campy, cult horror hilarity, and it was directed by Peter Jackson (hello? Lord of the Rings?) What made me pick up this gem at my video store (this was 1993) was the fact that it called itself the goriest movie ever!

It is.




DAY OF THE DEAD

This is not the Romero version you're thinking of. This one came out in 2008 and had a few big names in it! Mena Suvari, Nick Cannon (AKA "Mr. Mariah Carey"), AnnaLynne McCord, and my man Ving Rhames!

They took quite a few liberties from Romero's version... in fact it's NOTHING like Romero's version, but I really enjoyed it. Check it out.




THE HORDE

From the land of "fromage" comes a 2009 fanTAStic zombie flick with good guys and bad guys teaming up to survive one night trapped in an old apartment building at the beginning of the zombie apocalypse. I reviewed it in this blog some time back. See it HERE if you'd like more info.

If not, just know I give it a hearty "oui, oui"!




There you have it. Four fun films for the weekend! Don't say I never gave you anything.

Aim high. Run fast. Pop the corn.

Brett

B'hold Designs STORE
B'hold Designs WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment