Sunday, January 5, 2014

Film Poster Designs!



About 2 and a half years ago I wrote a blog about what I considered the ultimate design gig. It described my quest to find work designing posters for film and how I had just had my first success with that... an independent zombie flick called "Zombie Ed."

Unfortunately, that poster didn't open the design doors that I had hoped it would (nothing against the director, Ren. She did all she could to help me).

BUT! I didn't give up. I kept knocking on doors, submitting my work and taking rejection after rejection until finally.....FINALLY.. someone gave me a shot.

Out in California, Magic Elevator Films took a chance on an unknown four-eyed designer and gave me an assignment, and we've had a great working relationship ever since!

Shown above are three of the five posters I've had the opportunity to do for them, and my contact says more are on the way! Many, many thanks to Berenika and Jeff. I appreciate you both so much.


Yes, thanks to them, and my new storefront (and the in-progress reworking of the B'hold Designs Website) I can say that 2014 is looking pretty okie dokie for B'hold Deigns, and I am very thankful.

Now, don't get me wrong... there is always room for improvement.... especially with my storefront. Unfortunately, Redbubble doesn't get as much traffic as cafepress (from what I understand), so I've had a difficult time getting it off the ground, but that's ok! I'll just keep knocking and knocking on people's doors... at all hours of the night if necessary... until all have heard of and/or purchased their own B'hold Designs Ultimate Camouflage... NOW also available as a PHONE CASE and an IPAD CASE!

There's a lot going on right now, but please, please remember that our first priority at B'HQ is lunch. BUT, immediately after that, however, we're watching the horizon for the undead and keeping you, and the rest of the world safe should granny come marching home again.


Aim high. Run fast.

Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment