Tuesday, June 25, 2013

So How Was It?

My brother-in-law always says:  "Opinions are like ***holes - everyone has them, and they all stink."

I totally agree, and had that going thru my mind with every review of "World War Z" I read. I don't know if you noticed, but those review are all over the map! Some hate it... some love it... some are 'meh'... and now, here's MY opinion.

I loved it. I really did.

True, it wasn't along the lines of the book in terms of story-telling, but it was similar to the book in terms of global scale. The PG-13 rating had me braced for a boring story with no thrill or suspense, but I was pleasantly surprised!

I won't bore you with a lot of details, or give away any spoilers, but the opening was fast, frightening and very intense, and carried on that way throughout the film! The sheer magnitude of the outbreak was really well illustrated with breath-taking aerial shots of wave and wave of people and zombies thrust together in total chaos.

Now, I know a lot of people don't like the running zombies... personally, I do. I've always felt the runners really up'ed the fear factor, and I loved these zombies and how they moved. If you think about it, a zombie that feels no pain and lacks the ability to focus on anything but it's food source will do anything to get to it's victim, and have no fears or inhibitions about doing so. The undead in "World War Z" trampled on, and climbed over each other... if they needed to shove their heads thru windshields they did...if they needed to jump from a skyscraper or fall down a flight of stairs, they did... it was amazing to see.

In my OWN opinion... I feel that if you can (for the sake of a movie) accept a zombie apocalypse as real, then this scenario, and the way the zombies moved and attacked was as realistic as it gets.

AND... this movie did better than expected at the box office! Apparently it's making enough money that a sequel is in the works. In fact, "World War Z" was intended to be a trilogy for Pitt, but they were unsure how it would do in the box office. Now that they're proceeding with more, Pitt was quoted as saying "we've got so many good story lines stemming from the book or inspired by the book and then just generated from our own powwows...we've got enough material, that's for sure."

So.. that's MY ***hole opinion on the film. What's yours?

Aim high. Run fast.

Brett

B'hold Designs Store
B'hold Designs Website
SHOW YOUR LOVE AND SPORT THE 'B'

No comments:

Post a Comment