Monday, July 1, 2013

Sprucin' Up My New Digs


For the first time in my design career, I have an office. It's not big, and true, it has a fire door, but you play the cards you're dealt. For instance, I have labeled my fire door with a "Emergency Zombie Apocalypse Escape Hatch" sign. Now everyone that visits tells me they wish they had one.

Now, about these blank walls...

I'm not the kind of person to go out and buy wall decor... not that there's anything wrong with motivational posters, kitty cats hanging from a tree limb, or velvet Elvis... I just want something a little more personal.. something, that when entering, makes people scrunch up their nose and say "how have you not been fired yet?!"

Yes, I have some zombie artwork, but that's not what I'm all about (seriously, it's not!), so I decided to go with a "favorite movies from my youth" theme.

I love the "Three Amigos" with Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, and Martin Short, and pictured is my own design centered around my single favorite quote from that movie. (size 2' x 3')

Also pictured, is my own design for the movie "Aliens" with Sigourney Weaver. This movie might just be my all time favorite. (also 2' x 3')

I'm going to do one more based on the three bad boys of horror - Jason Vorhees, Michael Myers, and Freddy Krueger. When that's finished I'll post it as well.

Now before anyone gets me in trouble, let me just be clear that I am not selling these. I don't own the copyrights, and they were only made to hang in my office and no where else.

Spoiler Alert: I've got one more idea for a big piece that will go right above my desk, but it will take a while to complete. I'll keep you posted from time to time, but for now know that it will be a glimpse into the twisted mind of a hopeless photoshop nerd. Until then...

Aim high. Run fast.

Brett

B'hold Designs Store
B'hold Designs Website
SHOW YOUR LOVE AND SPORT THE 'B'

No comments:

Post a Comment